How Do I Increase Home Value and Lower the Risk of Wasting Money?
For most Americans, the investment you make in buying a home is the biggest investment you will make in your entire life. The home is the place where you will raise your kids and experience some of the best parts of life, but it’s more than that- it’s an investment and keeping it on the right track to a profitable sale has to be near the top of your priorities. Maintaining or increasing the value of your property is not as easy as many may think. One sure-fire way to keep the value of your home high is to increase it’s curb appeal, and we can help you with designing the exterior of your house with the Fairmarket Exterior House Design Tool.
When it comes to renovations, what areas of the home will give you the biggest return on your investment? To get some ideas for your next project check out our home exterior makeover app where you can see hundreds of products, styles, and colors on your actual home. Here at Fairmarket, we’ll share a few tips that homeowners can use to get the biggest bang for your buck. We will share the top 10 upgrades, according to http://remodeling.hw.net‘s “Cost vs. Value 2018 Report”, that you can make to your home that will help you recoup your investment.
Top Ten Improvement Projects For Recouping Your Money After Home Sale
- Garage Door Replacement- average cost $3,470 and percentage recouped after sale is 98.3%.
- Manufactured Stone Veneer: average cost $8,221 and percentage recouped after sale is 97.1%.
- Entry Door Replacement (Steel): average cost$1,471 and percentage recouped after sale is 91.3%.
- Deck Addition (Wood): average cost $10,950 and percentage recouped after sale is 82.8%.
- Minor Kitchen Remodel: average cost $21,198 and percentage recouped after sale is 81.1%.
- Siding Replacement: average cost $15,955 and percentage recouped after sale is 76.7%.
- Window Replacement (Vinyl): average cost $15,955 and percentage recouped after sale is 74.3%.
- Bathroom Remodel: average cost $19,134 and percentage recouped after sale is 70.1%.
- Roofing Replacement (Asphalt Shingles): average cost $20,939 and percentage recouped after sale is 68.4%.
- Bathroom Addition: average cost $44,717 and percentage recouped after sale is 59.9%.
So, before you decide to paint the fascia boards or renovate the pantry, head over to the Fairmarket Exterior Home Design Tool and check out how your home would look with a new garage door, or a brand new roof.